Are you an author of science fiction, fantasy, or horror? Maybe you’d like to be, but don’t know where to start? Perhaps you’ve stalled somewhere in your creative process.
Here at Scifantor, we’re a bunch of friendly folk who enjoy sharing and critiquing our work. We also like to inspire, support, and encourage others. We want to hear your thoughts, questions, and concerns.
Why not come along to a local meeting? If there aren’t any, why not start a local chapter? You’re also very welcome to join us online, contributing microfiction or participating in our discussion forum.
scifantor (ˈsī-fan-tȯr – noun)
- A mythical being, forged in fire. Sub-species of the phoenix. Birthing fire is a pyre of books.
- A portmanteau of science fiction, fantasy, and horror
To encourage, promote, and inspire writers of science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
* informal meetings wherever local chapters exist
* provide a safe, encouraging, and supportive environment for writers
* inspire writers with a microfiction challenge every month
* feed our readers with new microfiction every month
* share our knowledge and experience amongst ourselves
Scifantor is a beast! We’re all avatars of its greatness.